The Gap is a clothing and accessories brand founded by Donald Fisher and Dorris Fisher in 1969 and now has stores all over the world. The company’s headquarter is in San Francisco, California. Its subsidiaries are Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Intermix and Weddington Way. You can find all about them at Gap
In order to make the shopping experience of its customers more satisfying and attractive, Gap offers its valued customers the Gap credit card which is called GapCard. Two credit cards are associated with the Gap, the GapCard or the Gap Visa Credit Card.
The first one is only eligible for Gap and the above-mentioned stores affiliated with it. However, the second one can be used anywhere where Visa Card is applicable. The credit card offers great benefits, discounts and rewards as well as extra time to pay for your purchases.
These cards are issued by Synchrony Bank. Both cards have same benefits and rewards, the only difference being that GapCard is only applicable to Gap and the other companies owned by it while Gap Visa Card can be used to pay for purchases in any store which accepts Visa Card.
However, the thing that makes Gap Visa card more attractive is that it offers 5 points for every $1 purchase at Gap and its affiliated stores and one point for every $1 purchase at any store which accepts Visa credit card. When you hit the count of 500 points on either card, you get a reward of $5 which will be deposited to your Gap account and can be used for next purchase at Gap.
You also get 20% discount on your first purchase with GapCard and free shipping service. If you hit the count to 5000 points in one year, your card will be upgraded to Gap Silver which is the makes the shopping experience at Gap the most rewarding.
Its benefits include 20% quarterly bonus reward points and you can choose your own Sale Day. You can have free shipping, free basic alterations at Banana Republic purchases and also get invited to special Gap SilverCard members’ events.
How to Pay Gap Credit Card Payment – Bill Using GAP
Although an in-store Gap credit card payment service is not provided, yet plenty of other payment options are there for both the GapCard and Gap Visa card holders. Following are different ways of making payments:
- Online Credit Card Payment Using Gap
In this fast-paced world, online payment has made lives easier by allowing the people to pay for their purchases while sitting in their rooms. Following is the guide on how to use this:
- Login to Gap credit card website and have access to your account by entering credit card login information. If you don’t have an account yet, register yourself by clicking ‘Register’ on the login page. You will be required to provide your personal information such as your name, email address, social security number, ZIP code and date of birth as well as your credit card number.
- Once you have successfully logged in, click on ‘Pay Your Bill’ option to pay online. Enter your bank name, chequing account number, and bank routing number.
- Select the amount you want to pay. Make sure it doesn’t exceed your minimum balance. You can make the minimum payment due or pay the balance from your previous statement.
- Your first online payment can take up to a week for processing. After that, they may take up to 72 hours to post.
MAKE A CREDIT CARD PAYMENT USING GAP BY MAIL
If you don’t have internet access, you can also make payment via mail. Just follow these steps:
- Write a cheque for your payable amount. Make at least the minimum payment to avoid any penalties. Pay the full amount of your last statement balance if you don’t want to face any interests.
- Mail your cheque to the following address. It could take up to ten days for your payment to be processed.
P.O. Box 530942
Atlanta, GA 30353-0942
MAKE CREDIT CARD PAYMENT BY PHONE
Gap also provides you with the facility to make your credit card payment by phone. Follow the below steps for this:
- Gather the information you will be required to provide. This includes credit card number, your bank account information and the amount you want to pay.
- Call Gap card services at 800-887-1198 and follow the computer’s instructions to make your payment.
LATE FEES FOR GAP CARDS
Once the company assigns you a due date for your payments, it cannot be changed. Every month, after the billing date of your statements, you’ll have 26 days to pay your entire balance. In case of delay, you’ll face interests and penalties.
If you have never missed payments in the previous six billing cycles, then missing it for the first time will induce a penalty of $27 and if for some reason you have, then a penalty of $37 will be induced. However, as long as you make the minimum payment, no penalties will be incurred. But interest will accumulate for the remaining balance.